What do I need to specify in my Will?
When you make out a Will you would normally include the following:
- the name of your executor;
- details of your assets including bank accounts, insurance policies, investments, real estate, businesses, family trusts;
- clear instructions about how you want your assets to be divided;
- full names and accurate current contact details of those to whom you wish to leave your assets and what should happen if someone you name dies before you;
- instructions regarding your funeral arrangements; and
- the name of a guardian to care for young children.
[ back to top ]